4-5 April 2022, 09:00-11:30 (UTC+7, Bangkok)
Format: Virtual | Zoom
The Asia and the Pacific Regional Multi-stakeholder Consultation for Stockholm+50 took place on the 4th and 5th of April 2002, in a virtual format that allowed for a lively, fluid conversation involving over 300 hundred participants from around the region. It gave space to a multitude of unique voices in productive, solutions-focused dialogue, with 2 plenary sessions and 5 working groups.
Some key messages and recommendations for the plenaries are:
- The importance of collective action and stakeholder mobilization, including different forms of indigenous and traditional knowledge systems;
- The need to recognize and deal with conflicts of interest through both voluntary and binding forms of governance;
- Ensuring the future of work for youth will require a clean, healthy, sustainable environment.
- There is an urgent need to correct the world’s economic, social, and environmental trajectories through a just and equitable transition.
- Giving indigenous communities a platform to share their knowledge and practices, “in their own words, from their own mouths,” is necessary.
- Creating new narrative for a positive vision of the future.
- Intergenerational equity is paramount in addressing the triple crisis.
Report now available here
Day 1 - 4 April 2022 in English only
Day 2 - 5 April 2022 in English only
Explore the other Regional Multi-stakeholder Consultations