Thursday 2 June
Stockholmsmässan, Room 5
Organizers: Stockholm Environment (SEI) and Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW)
Archived video: Watch
The science is clear: decisive and bold action is urgently needed. In this event, leading experts debate recommendations put forward in the report Stockholm+50: Unlocking a Better Future. The report, launched by CEEW and SEI ahead of the Stockholm+50 international meeting, provided a scientific basis to the meeting and proposed actions leaders can take now for systemic change to accelerate.
Join us in a conversation about keys to change and how the conditions for delivering on commitments made for a better future must improve.
- Dr Philip Osano, Centre Director SEI Africa, SEI
- Chris Kiptoo, Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Environment, Kenya
- Dr Åsa Persson, Research Director and Deputy Director, SEI
- Dr Arunabha Ghosh, Chief Executive Officer, CEEW
- Dr. Sébastien Treyer, Executive Director of IDDRI
- Ms. Isabella Lövin, former Minister of Environment, and Deputy Prime Minister, Sweden.
- Dr. Andrew Norton, Director International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Ms. Jaee Nikam, SEI Asia, coordinating author of the Stockholm+50 Youth Report
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- Mr. Mats Engström, Writer and analyst, Senior adviser at the Swedish Institute for European Policy
- Dr Danilo Türk, Former President of the Republic of Slovenia TBC
Contact person: Nina Weiz (nina.weitz_at_sei.org)
Additional information: Report: Unlocking a Better Future