Thursday 2 June
Stockholmsmässan, Room 2
Organizers: Hosted by the Governments of Kenya and Sweden and organized by the United Nations Foundation
Archived video: Watch
This High-Level Signature Roundtable is an intergenerational roundtable exploring how to better understand, think, and act for future generations. It will bring together young change makers and decision-makers to discuss how to advance an international agenda for the people of the future, starting with the 10.9 billion people who are predicted to be born by the end of this century. It aims to:
- Explore how decisions today can address the biggest challenges confronting our future, including accelerating the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, climate, gender equality, education, and jobs.
- Provide an intergenerational platform to present ideas and solutions to reimagine our contract with future generations.
- Demonstrate that success is possible by spotlighting international and national action to tackle future challenges, including investments in young people and collaboration across sectors.
- Cultivate a shared vision regarding our future and the long term needs of our societies.
The event is co-hosted by the governments of Kenya and Sweden, organized by the United Nations Foundation, and supported by the Unlock the Future coalition, the Office of the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, the Stockholm+50 Youth Task Force, and Foundations for Tomorrow.
Moderators: Ms. Elizabeth Cousens, President and CEO of the UN Foundation with reflections from Former Prime Minister of Sweden, Stefan Löfven, co-chair of the United Nations Secretary-General’s High-Level Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism
- Mohamed Ali Azaiez, President, Jasmine Foundation
- Noura Berrouba, President National Council of Swedish Youth Organizations
- Eduardo Cavaliere, former Secretary of Environment, City of Rio de Janeiro
- Tamaisha Eytle, Project Director, FutureBARBADOS
- Bojan Francuz, Center on International Cooperation, New York University
- Ms. Makanalani Gomes, co-chair of the Indigenous Youth Caucus
- Taylor Hawkins, Managing Director, Foundations for Tomorrow
- Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales
- Aishwarya Machani, UN Foundation, Next Generation Fellow and member of the Youth Task Force
- Cynthia Wandia Mburu, Co-founder and CEO of Kwara Neobanking, Kenya
- Chido Mpemba, Special Envoy on Youth to the African Union
- Ligia Noronha, Assistant Secretary-General, UNEP
- Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Youth
- Angela Zhong, Girl Up Leader
- Ministers from Sweden, Kenya, Albania, Egypt, The Netherlands, Zambia, and more.